With a key focus of Phonatics in 2014 being placed on Equipment Management and Cost-Savings in Call Centres, our most recent survey was conducted to gauge the attitude of headset users within Call Centres to identify potential industry trends when it comes to headset replacement or repair.
In lieu of the current financial climate in South Africa, where cutting costs is top of mind, and with almost 400 participants approached within various local Call Centres, from companies such as FNB, Sanlam Health, Rand Merchant Bank, Continuity SA, Avis and SA Homeloans, our findings were most interesting.
When asked about company policy towards repair or replace headsets, it was found that 32% of participants Replace headsets with a further 22% of respondents stating that they Repair headsets only. The remaining 46% of users indicated that they practise a combination of both replacing and repairing their Call Centre Headsets.
With Phonatics’ own in-house Repair Centre, it was interesting to note that although 73% of participants are aware of the repair centre only 38% have ever made use of the service, leaving a surprising 62% of clients open to incurring the higher costs of constant replacement versus repair.
For those who have made use of our Repair Centre, a whopping 84% rank our turn around time from good to excellent, and 94% rate the quality of repairs received from good to excellent. Even though we pride ourselves on our exceptional and long-standing relationships with our customers, it is still extremely rewarding to find that 97% of participants indicated that they would willingly recommend the Phonatics Repair Centre to their colleagues and peers.
With a second focal point of the survey gauging familiarity of cost effective alternative headset brands, we tested respondents’ knowledge of our Freemate brand. (Full disclosure: Phonatics is the sole distributor of the Freemate brand of headsets in Africa.)
We found that 60% of participants are indeed familiar with this brand. Even more so, 91% of participants rated the quality of the Freemate headsets from good to excellent.
Based on these survey results, we can anticipate that there is a definite trend towards cost sensitivity and improved Equipment Management. The good news for Phonatics customers is that with the Freemate brand there is no need to stint on quality in order to achieve the results required in their Call Centres.
For further information on the Phonatics Repair Centre or the Freemate brand of headsets, feel free to contact us Speak to Phonatics
Source: Phonatics Survey June 2014 – Headset Repair or Replace.